Moving Mountains Yoga is a modest and contemporary community organization offering professional instruction and community to those seeking balance of mind and body. The intention for the organization is to provide space for self exploration and ease for all.
Moving Mountains Yoga’s mission is to to bring yoga and wellness resources to our West Virginia communities. The focus of the organization is to provide and create an inclusive studio space and bring yoga and wellness beyond our studio and into our communities vulnerable populations. We are dedicated to creating free offerings and paying forward any purchases or donations to support our outreach efforts. We are ever evolving our mission to include a focus on collaborating with like minded, local organizations and connecting people to nature and outdoor activities.
Through practicing your own self care, you can support more wellness in our community. We believe self care is community service.
Moving Mountains Yoga:
- Funds the reprint and distribution of the yoga book and manual Healing from the Heart by Kath Meadows. This book has been distributed by the thousands to various prisons by the Prison Yoga Project and MMY now solely continues this reprinting and distribution fully funded by donations.
- Offers trauma informed yoga to public school students and teachers of Jefferson County Wv and continues advocacy to expand support for more schools.
- Offers yoga to the Martinsburg Wv Air Guard
- Partners with Stars That Shine to offer funding for free feminine products to girl youth of Jefferson County Wv.
- Partners with The Empowerment Center to offer funding and clothing/household donations to homeless and at need residents of Jefferson County Wv.
- Offers free training in trauma informed yoga to yoga teachers, therapists, and various populations of West Virginia and neighboring states.
- Offers a free Yoga Book Club all year
- Has launched our community gardening program with Tudor Hall Farm April 2021
- Offers weekly outdoor, in studio and virtual yoga classes. A portion of all sales funds all of our outreach programs.
- Host free virtual yoga via our YouTube Channel “Moving Mountains Yoga”We are grateful to our ambassadors, volunteers, partner organizations, and local farms for making this outreach possible and to our community members for your donations and dedication to your self care.
- “My favorite time of the week with our at-risk students was yoga with Whitney. Her patience and passion for yoga made everyone feel comfortable. Students discovered movements of strength that they didn’t know they could do and the pride that it evoked in them was incredible to witness. Whitney’s knowledge of the human body and yoga taught me something new every class. Students and staff left feeling rejuvenated and at peace.
-Thomasa Vandell, Principal of Opportunity Learning Center of Jefferson County Wv
- “I love the convenience of virtual yoga, it allows me to carve out time in my day for self care. Additionally, I highly recommend Farm Yoga if your missing safe in person connection, you’ll get that and more!”
-Heather, therapist and resident of Jefferson County Wv
- “Moving Mountains Yoga is a unique and exceptional studio. Their “all walks of life” approach is heartening, and it makes you feel welcome. I am especially looking forward to another outdoor season. Last year’s outdoor season offered a Covid respite, but I prefer the outdoor version even in a post Covid yoga world.”
-Kyle, resident of Jefferson County Wv
- “The classes are so inclusive, not just expert yoga folks. It is everyone from the community with different needs and experiences coming together for an hour. It is both a gift and a blessing and I think it is how we made it through the first spring/summer/fall of Covid.”
-Suzi & Lee, veteran and resident of Knoxville Md